Eat with the colours of the rainbow inspired by the characters from Inside Out!
This veg-packed pizza is bursting with colour and great for a summer time lunch.
- 100g thinly sliced purple cabbage
- Sea salt
- 200g broccoli florets
- 1 small red beetroot, peeled, trimmed, and cut into paper thin slices
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 amount pizza dough (either shop bought or homemade to your favourite recipe)
- 225g chopped tomatoes, warmed
- 200g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium yellow pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium orange pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
Position rack in the very top of oven and turn heat to 260c/240fan
In a small bowl, toss cabbage with a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Blanche broccoli florets for 2 minutes. Remove broccoli from water with a slotted spoon and set in a small bowl. Next, blanche beet slices for 2 minutes. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and set in a small bowl; toss beets with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
To assemble pizzas, pull, stretch, and press dough into a 12-inch round circle. Brush crust with remaining olive oil. Spread half the chopped tomatoes in the centre of pizza and sprinkle with half the mozzarella.
To make rainbow design, start by arranging beets in a circle in centre. Next, create a thin circle of cabbage, followed by broccoli, yellow peppers, orange peppers, and finally, red peppers.
Slide into oven and bake 10-15 minutes, or until crust is a light golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Cool 5 minutes, slice, and serve.