Give your kids something to look forward to on long journeys with these wheely delicious homemade hummus Cars snack jars.
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 240g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 35g roasted pine nuts (optional)
- 60ml warm water
- 2 medium carrots
- Fresh parsley, olive oil, and pine nuts for garnish (optional)
- Spare jars (short, wide jars are best for little hands)
- Plus carrot, cucumber, pepper, or celery sticks to dip
Roast the carrots in olive oil for 20 minutes.
Roast the pine nuts, simply heating them in a small frying pan over a gentle heat for a few minutes, or until they go golden brown. (Keep tossing them to stop them burning.)
Blitz the carrots and pine nuts with the rest of the ingredients in a blender until the mixture has a smooth, creamy consistency. If you need to, add more warm water.
Spoon some mixture into each of the jars.
Add your dipping veg to the jars and seal with lids to save for later.